Monday, December 13, 2010

I'm walking on sunshine...woho!

J's spirits were lifted Saturday afternoon as a strange thing happened.
There was blue sky and the sun beamed down its heavenly rays onto her pasty skin.
She, Pauline and Patrick went for a 2 hour walk up nearby Mount Saleve through the French village of Monnetier.
She even got a picture with Mount Blanc in the distance which is near the border of Italy.
I will insert a map to show where Bossey, Monnetier, Mount Saleve and Veyrier are in relation to eachother.



Do you see Mont Blanc?
Monnetier below. Only took me an hour online searching for which town it was by matching the pictures of the Church


Now I really got the bug for searching the surrounding area. I am such a picture person. I am sure teenagers don't think too much about the details of where they have been in and record it in picture form, so I have done it for my benefit. 


Used this website for the following pics.

Chateau de Monnetier 
 They cross the border of Switzerland and France
 Monnetier below
 view from Mount Saleve to Geneva
Taken from Flickr.com
the picture below from Al Brano gives and aerial shot of Monnetier up Mount Saleve
If you can't be bothered walking you can take the skyway.
There used to be a tram. I don't think so!!!!!
 This is a beautiful picture of Monnetier


No comments:

Post a Comment