Sunday, December 5, 2010

Some of Saturday 4ths adventures

the Course de l'Escalade was on!! The day was extremely cold. It wasn't until late last night when I go home that I finally became re-acquainted with my fingers and toes - they were numb all day!!

We got down there at about 9.00am, because Maryline, her friend Adelie and I were helping out with the children's race. We were dressed as Chaperon Rouge (Little Red Riding Hood) - think: lost children. We set up a tent for all the abandoned kids to come and eat and play and stay warm while they waited for their parents to collect them. In the end, I was posted at the end of the course, ushering children into their groups where their parents could collect them. A bunch of kids form the Geneva International School - who also do IB - where down there getting CAS hours too, so I had fun talking to them. One of the guys was actually from Brisbane, but had moved to Geneva because of his dad's work, so it was awesome to talk to him. He was really impressed that there are schools in Queensland now offering IB.





Straight after the Marmite, we went to a birthday party for Chloe, one of Maryline's friends. I didn't take any photos because the battery on my camera had died by that time.12 or so people there. We watched funny YouTube videos, ate pizza and cake and lollies, and then watched a film of a French comedian's show. Luckily my French is good enough that I followed what she was talking about, but a lot of the subtle jokes escaped me. I think I only laughed at about 1/4 of them... (those being the ones I got).

I was really tired by the time I got to the party because of the hockey game, the Course de l'Escalade, the Marmite, and school all week... but it was still nice to relax and talk to people. We didn't get home until about midnight, at which point I went to bed.




No comments:

Post a Comment